Here is how to simply download and save any Facebook video on your computer, iPhone or Android smartphone. These 7 effective methods are free, work in 2020, and done online and without software (for the most part).
If Facebook wants to compete with YouTube by prioritizing video content in its users’ news feed,how can you download a video posted on a Facebook page or profile ? The 8 simple and effective tips that we present to you in this article work very well in 2020 (compared to other older tips that no longer work).
Natively, Facebook does not give the possibility to download a video simply through the advanced settings available next to its video player, so you have to use external online services or extensions to achieve this.
Fortunately, with the help of a few websites, extensions, and tools on different browsers, it is very easy to download any FB video directly online .
The manipulations that we are going to present to you here will only take you a few seconds, however you should be aware that you can infringe copyrights at any time and expose yourself to prosecution by recording a FB video in this way. You have been warned, LEPTIDIGITAL cannot be held responsible if this scenario occurs (unlikely as long as you do not resell the videos or use them for negative purposes).
1- THE BEST METHOD (WHICH WORKS IN 2020) TO DOWNLOAD ANY FACEBOOK VIDEO ONLINE AND WITHOUT SOFTWARE:
Here is the method of the moment that works to download any Facebook video online and without software
- To start, go to the Facebook page which contains the video to retrieve (it can be a profile but the video must have been shared in “public” mode otherwise it will not work)
- Click on the post with the video and make sure you get the exact video URL :
- Here is an example of a video URL that can be downloaded by following the following few steps presented here:
- Then go to this site: https://www.fbdown.net/index.php (or this one http://fbvideosaver.net/ which is also a free alternative to download a FB video online)
- You just go copy it and then next step paste the URL of the Facebook or FB page which containing the video link and then click on the ” Download ” button
- The site will refer you to a page with the thumbnail of the detected video then give you the possibility to click on 2 links to download the video in normal or HD format
- CAUTION : you must click on the non-underlined links presented with the red arrows above. You must not click on the banners with the green button otherwise you will be redirected to another site and the download will not work (the creator of the site will impauch a few tens of euro cents in the process thanks to your click on his advertisements).
- Once the link is clicked, all you will have to do is define where to save the video on your PC or Mac.
If you aware to the Google Chrome, you can also easily download your favorite Facebook video through the Chrome extension (the chrome site extension is currently not available on the Chrome Store, so you will have to follow our procedure below to record any video from Chrome).
2- HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND SAVE ANY FACEBOOK VIDEO WITH SOFTWARE? (4K VIDEO DOWNLOADER)
Another effective way to use Mac and the latest Windows compatible software is easily to install once on your computer or Macbook. Here we are going to use ” 4K Video Downloader “, which in our opinion is the easiest and most efficient tool to download Facebook videos and save them on your computer or Macbook .
To record a video from this software, you just need to:
- Download and install the 4K Video Downloader software on your computer or mac
- Go to Facebook and retrieve the link of the Facebook post that contains the video you want to retrieve (by clicking on the 3 small dots next to the post and then simple you need to click on ” Copy link “).
- Open the ” 4K Video Downloader ” software then paste the video link by simply clicking on ” Paste link “
- At this point, all you have to do is select the output quality of the video you want to download as well as the location on your macbook or computer where you want the video to be saved before clicking ” Download ” to start downloading the video.
Once downloaded at 100%, all you have to do is go and retrieve it from where you saved it. Simple, fast and effective !
If you want to integrate this video on the web, consider choosing an SEO-friendly integration mode so as not to impact your loading time.
PS: this trick also works to download a Linkedin , Instagram, TikTok or YouTube video.
If you use the Google Chrome browser like other users on the internet, there is an option Chrome extension offers you can easily download your favorite videos which are shared on Facebook. The extension that we are going to introduce you here is called Facebook Video Downloader. Simply downloading this Chrome extension will allow you, by following a few simple operations, to download any video published on Facebook.
- Visit your favorite page of The Flash Video Downloader extension on favorite browser the Chrome Web Store
- Install the world wide known Chrome extension simply you click on the “Add” then next step “Add extension” in the popup that will appear.
- Go to a Facebook page or profile with the video you want to download (avoid staying on your news feed, instead click on the publication itself so that it is the only video detectable in the page by the extension).
- When once URL of a FB video, the medium size red icon of the extension (which located right at the top of the browser) will show in the form of a green dot with the No. “1” if it recognize a video to download . If nothing is detected the first time, do not hesitate to reload the page and launch the video in order to facilitate the detection of the video by the extension.
- Then click on a small red icon with the ” 1 ” in green . The recognize videos will be present below and you will then have to click on the icon with the down arrow.
- When you click, you will be easily redirected to the main site (not https) http://fbvideosaver.net, which will be normal.
- Click on the green ” Download ” button to be once again redirected to Facebook and a URL like https://video.xx.fbcdn.net/v/
- The last step is to right click on the video then ” Save video as … ” (“CTRL + S” possible to go faster) then save and download the video to your computer at the location of your choice. .
If you are well aware of the Mozilla Firefox browser, there is a Firefox addon which parallel or almost like Google Chrome extension The Flash Video Download. This Firefox addon is called Video DownloadHelper, it will allow you to download any flash video on a page (Facebook and YouTube).
HERE IS THE PROCEDURE FOR DOWNLOADING A FACEBOOK VIDEO FROM MOZILLA FIREFOX:
- Go to this page of the Firefox Video DownloadHelper addon .
- Click on the green “ Add to Firefox ” button then click on “ Install Now ” on the popup that will appear.
- Then finally hit the click button to “Reopen now” to close the Mozilla Firefox browser”and then restart it with the addon turn on (if Firefox asks you to).
- By rebooting Firefox, you will connect (automatically sent to the addon page), then next step close this current page and go to FB (Facebook) to detect the video of your choice to recover.
- To easily download a FB video, go to the exact URL of the publication that contains the video to download (you should preferably only have that on your page).
- Once on the page with the video visible, click on the red yellow and blue icon dedicated to the extension just installed. By clicking on the addon icon, the addon will tell you which video you can download on this Facebook page and in what format .
- Then simply click on the format that interests you (the more you take the quality format, the more time it may take but the better the video quality then). In the example above, I went for 1080 x 1080 which was the best quality available for download.
- After clicking on the desired link, the extension will record the video in the background (which will strain your computer’s performance).
- Once the download is complete, the video will automatically be saved to your PC in the “dwhelper” folder . On my computer, for example, it was saved in “C: \ Users \ Vincent \ dwhelper \”.
5 – HOW TO DOWNLOAD FACEBOOK VIDEO FROM IPHONE?
If you use an iPhone or an iPad, it is also possible to download any FB video (or almost) thanks to a free application without having to jailbreak your iPhone / iPad ( which I don’t recommend by the way. all on a personal basis ).
HERE IS THE PROCEDURE TO FOLLOW FROM AN IPHONE:
- Download the application called “DManager” available on the App Store. This app is free.
- Once the DManager application is installed on your iPhone, go to Facebook on the video you want to download then copy the video link (option available in the sharing options).
- Once this video link has been retrieved, go to the DManager app and paste the URL into the browser bar.
- By following the steps presented in the video above, you can download any video from your iPhone and save it in your media library (be careful, videos take up a lot of storage space, so make sure you ‘have enough before downloading).
Paid applications for iPhone surely also exist to perform the same tasks but here I only want to present the free possibilities to recover any Facebook video.
6 – HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND SAVE FACEBOOK VIDEO FROM ANDROID SMARTPHONE?
If you are using a smartphone running on the Android operating system, there is also a free application that allows you to upload any video shared on Facebook via a page or profile. Here is the best method to follow :
- Start by downloading the MyVideoDownloader For Facebook application from the PlayStore .
- After downloading your favorite file or video and installing the application, you need to join the Facebook by clicking the button “Log in” / “Connect” after beginning the app.
- Once connected to your Facebook account, a menu accessible on the left of your screen will allow you to access many video content:
- The ones you liked
- Those accessible on pages
- Those available on groups…
- After having found and checked the video you want to download using this menu, all you have to do is click on the button in the form of a downward-facing arrow which shows on the top right of your computer screen.
- The download of the FB video in HD will then start automatically and the app will inform you of the download percentage.
- When the download is complete, you will be able to access the video from your usual file explorer on Android.
7 – HOW TO RECORD (DOWNLOAD INDIRECTLY) ANY PRIVATE FACEBOOK VIDEO OR MESSENGER?
The process mention in points “1” to “6” only the work for videos shared audience by pages, different groups, various events or even in the public accounts.
Do you want to retrieve a video shared in a private environment on Facebook (video shared privately on a personal account or a Messenger video)?
Here is a roundabout method to save any video streamed to Facebook or Messenger from computer .
- If you use Google Chrome or Firefox, get the free Screencastify extension (available in Chrome and Firefox ), it will allow you to choose which part of your screen is to be record and will therefore to give you the chance of indirectly capture the video as private video. shared on Facebook.
- If you want to record from a computer, we recommend the OpenSource and free OBS Studio software instead, which will allow you to record your screen from a Windows, Mac or Linux computer. The whole process will be similar to the extension but in this process no limit and specially no watermark put in to the video, so it will be more qualitative .
- Once the extension or the software is installed, all you have to do is start the capture of your screen in real time when you go to play from a most secure FB (Facebook) account.
Reprocessing through free video editing software such as iMovie or Windows Movie Maker may have to be necessary if you want to achieve something more successful, but this technique works very well in system D.
8 – HOW TO SAVE FACEBOOK VIDEOS FOR LATER?
If you are having trouble downloading the desired FB video using one of the methods detailed above (which shouldn’t happen), be aware that you can also save a Facebook video to view it later on your device. computer or your smartphone.
Here is how it works in practice:
- Go to your news feed or any Facebook post with the video you want
- Click on the 3 small dots located at the top right of the publication (when in the news feed) or the “…” located under the video (when on a actual page along with the real capture video in large) then finally you click on the “ Save video “
- Once this has been done, you can find this publication with the video at any time in your ” Recordings ” section located here: https://www.facebook.com/saved/
HOW TO DOWNLOAD FACEBOOK VIDEO FROM MAC?
If you are using a MAC (Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, iMac), the procedure is more or less the same as for users of computers under Windows and Linux, on the other hand, you will only need to have installed Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as a browser on your Mac if you want to opt for the option that requires downloading and installing an extension.
If you do not want to capture the video or download any available extension or if finally evolve on Safari, refer to the 1st process which explained to release any FB (Facebook) video directly on internet (online) and in the absence of software and then save it on your Mac .